Sunday, November 23, 2008

Twilight? Yes Please!




So I have been thinking about how funny it is that I went to Twilight, and enjoyed it. I was laying in bed at 10:30 pm on premiere night (tickets in my back pocket) trying and hoping for a quick cat nap before the midnight showing... It didnt happen. I was watching the news laughing at all the nerds at the premiere wearing prom dresses! Ha ha. In my fury I hoped to set them on fire for acting in such a manner. We made hilarious jokes about babies breath for updos and to not to forget our wrist corsages. Anyways, my friend Amber had practically rented out a theater, (or bought like 20 tickets whichever was cheaper) and I was amongst the chosen to go! Me and sweet cousin Karah met at the Megaplex madness and went inside! I felt like I was doing something wrong leaving the house at 11 ish (it felt like sneaking out) I got all gussied up for a big night out with the girls. The truth is, I didnt have a car seat on my arm, a diaper bag or puke on my shoulder so I was thrilled. We got our popcorn and drinks and hurried in, it was like the first time ever I had walked in with the lights still on. Weird. So, the previews start and the Harry Potter garbage shows up (the crowd loved it of course) Witches and vampires are still on the same list I guess?? BOO! And someone yells out from the crowd "I love you Harry!" What? I almost stormed out. The show started and I loved it. I have spent my entire life making fun of those reading and watching anything with vampires propaganda and I am now one of them. I used to give my brother so much crap for loving Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings and I'm like the next step from them. I cant wait for the next movie, (when that dreamy Jacob shaves his hair) purr... Im a creep I know, but at least I will never give in to Star Wars or other such nonsense because I still hate space.

6 comments:

Erika said...

You're so funny! I never thought I'd get into Star Wars either, but with my boys and Ryan like to watch them and they're actually not that bad! So I loved Twilight too. Ryan really liked it also. I'm taking Gwen to see it tomorrow after school and I can't wait. I've heard that people like it even more the second time around. Of course it wasn't perfect and there were a lot of cheesy parts, like the flashbacks, but it was some good entertainment! They've started on New Moon and I can hardly wait!

Mar said...

Wanna see it again while I'm in town? I've already packed a dress...

Britney said...

Ha ha! I remember when I posted about Twilight the first time, you wrote a comment saying something like "you're a loser to like this crap!"...and now, you're one of us! he he!

I'm a total nerd and put blood red lipstick on, for more effect! I like the show, what did you think?

Bells said...

K I love it. I hate space too. I can't handle the Star Wars crap. I just don't get into it, but I am also a little ashamed of myself being such a twilight freak and it only took one day. I am mad that I thought I was too cool for so long now I am just behind. I had to read it before I saw the movie. Now I don't want to do anything except sit home and read twilight. :) Sad I know. I love the cute pics you look good without puke on you. Who would have thought that was even possible to actually get somewhere without it I am impressed. I would have got puked on walking out the door I am sure of it.

Skye said...

I went on opening day too. I felt like such a dork, especially when girls started cheering when Edward appeared on screen; but I have to admit I loved it and plan to see it again.

Katee said...

really? ha so glad you loved it, i'm obsessed


Helpin' my daddy
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker