Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Announcing Konner Hales Thomas!

What a surprise it is to go to a "routine" dr visit and come home with a baby! We had our little man on March 13, 2008, about 3 1/2 weeks early! He weighed in at 4 lbs and 8 oz. and 17.5 inches long. I went in and did the usual appointment stuff. When they took my blood pressure the nurse said it was really high. Like 160/ 102. So we tried it again. Like the next problem would be seizures?! Excuse me? My doctor came in and said if she didn't deliver that day it would for sure be by 38 weeks. So she sent me to the hospital. I almost started crying. I didn't have "time" to have a baby! My schedule was too busy trying to get everyones appointments in before I had him in April! I quickly found out it really didn't matter about my plans, cause someone else had different ones. BOO! Oh well, it was meant to be. Never in my life have I had even one case of high blood pressure and all the sudden I was induced!! The labor went great. (except I thought I was on fire at one point, and puking my guts out at another.) Konner is super tiny but so healthy. He didn't need to be in the NICU or anything. He came home with us on Saturday and is so sweet. The real problem seems to be now that my milk is officially "in" or should I say get out the hoses because this is ridiculous. The lactation consultant informed me today I am producing enough for triplets. Oh goody, because I barely have one baby not 3! Does anyone know if you can sell your milk? Oh and my cankles are back, and now I have bear paws too. Its glamorous being a mom, but worth it.

10 comments:

Jena Hendry said...

Tesha Congratulations on your sweet little Konner. What an angel. I am so happy you are doing great and also that Konner is such a healthy baby. Thats so wonderful. Also, could you send all of your milk over my way. I barely produce enough for Lily. Anyway, I can't wait to see him in April. Keep posting pictures. I want to see more of that sweet little guy!

Brady and Laura said...

I'm excited to meet the little guy. Congrats! P.s. here is the link to our blog: http://steakorthebudget.blogspot.com/
its not really a story of our life quite like yours is

BrianFam said...

Im so excited about Konner and glad he made a early but safe arrival!! Sorry about the milk thing, Dr rose likes to say that, he told me I had enough for twins. I really did think about selling it, I know you can. You should! I can't wait to meet little Konner!

Bonnie said...

Congrats you guys!!!

Anonymous said...

OH geez!!! Glad everything went well. I was quite suprised to get that little informitive text message last week. But I am so excited for you guys. Love ya tonz!!

Kami @ Sweet Charli... said...

Tesh, Konner is so cute! I am glad he is doing okay and that you are doing well! Let me know what I can come and see him, because I can't wait!

Brady and Laura said...

pps I am happy to see that "The luckiest" made your playlist.

Britney said...

Oh wow, he is SO cute! That is a crazy story!

Glad everyone's ok and glad your canlkes are back :)

My favorite picture is of Mason holding Konner, his face is so proud.

Unknown said...

Tesh I seriously can not get over how tiny he is! Cant wait to see him and your bear paws! Love ya!

Emily said...

Tesha you make me laugh! I'm so glad that everything went well and that he is healthy. I'm excited to see him...if he's anything like Mason...man you have the two most adorable boys ever!


Helpin' my daddy
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker