Monday, October 20, 2008

San Francisco Treat





















So last weekend Konner and I flew out to stay with my bestest friend in the whole world Mar. Me and Mar (Marianne James Erekson) have been best friends for nearly 25 years! Since we were 3! I have officially known her longer than any of my brothers. We had a great time. She has a sweet baby Charlie that is just 10 days older than Konner. They got along splendidly except Charlie seems to have an entire head of lush hair (that we were both a bit jealous of) and more brain activity than Konner. Its ok, I'm enjoying his silence and immobility. Tyler flew down on Friday night for a fun weekend and we went to the 49er game! We got really good seats on the front row, they played the Philadelphia Eagles. It was a super good game they almost won! (Tyler has been #1 fan since Joe Montana was there) I went along, smiled and cared for those 3 hours ( it was weird. ) So we got lots of pictures of the Kon and Char playing and staring at each other. Me and Mar were in the same situation (nursing) so it meant careful planning and when we ran out of time, we pulled over in a park in San Fran! Super classy! I also got to see the charming city of Oakland. About 5 minutes after pulling through the drive thru at In-n-Out I saw a guy steal a ladies purse and put it under his shirt. I of course flagged down a cop, yada yada yada, police report and quick ride in the cop car to identify the freaker,( which didnt turn out to be him!) It was a special time!We ate at really good restaurants and got to see the Blue Angels fly over the city in fleet week. We met some of their friends and they learned how classy we were when we came in with our 44 oz of love (i.e. big gulps) Dont worry they were sipping wine, we were guzzling pop and being awesome. I felt like I should have been wearing overalls and a weed sticking out of my teeth. It was super fun and Mar and me sat up late one night giggling about high school, the people we hated (and still do) and the good ole times! I cant believe so much has changed and now we are raising our own kids! Thanks for such a fun weekend Mar and Josh. We loved it!

6 comments:

lhhadley said...

Looks like you had a great time. That little Charlie is such a cutie.

Mar said...

It was such a good time!! Thank you so much for coming and for bringing sweet Konner. I love that you got the full experience in just a mere weekend - Oakland crime, night crazies at Union Square, a guy using the sidewalk as his own personal urinal, astronomical grocery prices, niner tailgaters and much much more!

McKenzie said...

Tesh. Your blog makes my day! I laugh everytime I read about one of your new experiences! You are so funny! I love you!

Britney said...

Yes...glad you got the whole experience!

Thanks for going to lunch with us!

You're my fav!!!!

Jena Hendry said...

Oh, how fun!

Erika said...

Makes me miss Cali, but not that specific part of Cali! (Oakland)


Helpin' my daddy
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker